(Acrylic, Cast Metal, Flexible)
Partial dentures are a type of dentures that are used to replace only a few particular teeth that are extracted. Let’s assume a patient has 10 of his 32 teeth removed due to external oral trauma. In this case, restoring the missing teeth using dental implants or bridges wouldn’t be the appropriate solution as it could get complicated. Instead, we suggest the patient get partial dentures to restore just those particular missing teeth.
How are partial dentures fabricated?
Partial dentures are fabricated through a process similar to that of complete dentures. During the initial appointment, we will visually screen the teeth and run a few tests to determine the condition of the mouth. Next, if any teeth have to be removed (in case of partially chipped or broken teeth), we will have them extracted.
A highly accurate physical mold of the teeth is used for fabricating the dentures. In the case of partial dentures, we use a combination of ceramic and acrylic mounted on a metal framework. This helps us include just a few required prosthetic teeth in the denture set up. You can wear the denture easily, and the teeth would sit perfectly in the missing positions.
Why should you choose partial dentures?
- Partial dentures are the simplest and most effective way to restore multiple missing teeth.
- They are removable.
- They restore your natural ability to bite and chew food.
- In case the phonetics have changed due to the missing teeth, it can be brought back to normal using partial dentures.
- Since a metal framework backs them, they are quite strong and durable.
- They improve the appearance of your smile.
Please reach us by scheduling an online consultation or calling us at (662) 996-2211, and we’ll guide you further.